Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Photo Stories with Stupeflix





This assignment was a lot of fun.  Normally, I would use iMovie to create something like this but to try something new, I used Stupeflix.  It was free to use and had great music selections to sample from.  I found a really catchy beat to go with my story.  I used pictures of my dogs, Dixie and TJ as the stars.  My friends dog, Courage the German Shephard, played the salesman.  I tried to make something that was fun to watch even if its very dry humor but regardless, I enjoyed making it. 

I think this would be a great tool for creative writing.  Students would love to make have this to get that extra bit of show out of their stories.  Adding personalized pictures and picking a music soundtrack was fun and it really got my attention.  Students could be given subject to write on, such as a story on their family vacation.  After doing a quick walkthrough on how to use and navigate the Stupeflix website, they could be on their way to making a cool, fun to watch photo story.

2 comments:

  1. Stupeflix is terrific for encouraging students to distill academic content into a coherent story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a dog lover, so I really appreciated the actors in your story.

    ReplyDelete