Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Collaboration Across The World



Diversity Through ePal


I think the slogan "where learners connect" says it all! Within the first two clicks, I fell in love with this website. I was just talking to a peer about taking students on virtual field trips to show them that there is more out there in this world. My first two clicks was finding a classroom match. The tools were easy to use, selecting French and the age level. From there I was able to chose many different classroom teachers who wanted to connect to show their students diversity for multiple reasons. I feel this is a great way to experience education for all content areas, especially Social Studies. I can see myself doing this in my future setting up an online chat with the another classroom presenting to one another, doing writing exercises by becoming pen pals, options are endless. I truly believe I could write in my blog all day about ePals. I am all about integrating technology as well as other content areas to maximize learning.
The Learning Centers tab offers multiple subjects for students and teachers. In the Science Center there is ideas about turning our map green by growing plants. One lesson I can vision is communicating with another classroom from another country we're studying(Technology) in Social Studies, compare and contrast different organisms we have in our countries (Science), and build our own gardens. We could even take measurements (Mathematics). In this one lesson there would be four different content areas. Learning can be fun and interactive, causing students to soak in information that is real and relevant to them in real life situations. Love this website!

1 comment: