Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Microblogging




50 Ways to Use Twitter in the Classroom

There are endless ways to use Twitter in the classroom. Some ideas that stuck out the most to me was facilitating research. Students can easily type in a keyword into the search engine to get information on a topic they're interested in or doing a project in. From here students can find information they find interesting and retweet their findings for their classmates. This brings me to my next point of connecting classrooms. Microblogging allows students and teachers to collaborate together through different classrooms and cultures. Worried about parental involvement? No worries! Twitter can be used as a communication tool to tweet on discussions or discuss students progress.




Twitter- A Teaching and Learning Tool

Just like other articles, I've learned a lot of different ways to use microblogs (especially Twitter) in the classroom. Creativity popped out in this article more than others I've read. Microblogging allows students and teachers to be creative in their decision making. After or during a lesson, the class could create something new. Students can use decision making to create a song, poem, etc. and share it around through the developed network.

For those who are familiar with my posts, I'm extremely into Edmodo. Just as Twitter, Edmodo can be used for collaboration and communication as well. Options are endless. I hope to get to experience new ways in my classroom such as creating new projects using multimodality. I'm used to the obvious options with microblogs and would like to expand my use.

No comments:

Post a Comment